The Branding Masterclass for Graphic Designers: The Entire Process with Lindsay Marsh
The Branding Masterclass for Graphic Designers: The Entire Process with Lindsay Marsh — SkillShare — Free download
This course covers all aspects of the brand design process. From sketching to portfolio presentations there is not one thing this class leaves out. It is massive covering topics such as:
- Understanding Client Briefs
- Learning to Ask the Right Questions
- Client and Competitor Research
- Finding a Target Audience
- Creating a Customer Persona
- Finding a Style Direction
- Finding a Brand’s Position in the Market
- Word Association Exercises
- Word Mapping and Other Brainstorming Activities
- Sketching Concepts
- Learn How to be Creative
- How to Select Concepts for Further Development
- The Entire Logo Design Process
- Picking the Right Typeface
- Gridding and Finalizing Our Logos
- Creating a Logo System
- Creating Typographic System
- Creating a Flexible Color System
- Understanding Color Psychology and its Effect on Brand Design
- Working with Projects and Mockups to Further Develop Color Palettes
- Applying Our Brand Systems to Real World Projects
- Learn How to Write Ad Copy for your Brand
- Creating and Writing your Brand Voice and Language
- Creating Photography Rules for Brands
- Developing a Full Client Presentation
- Creating a Behance Portfolio Case Study
- Understanding the Basics of Brand Standards and Brand Guidelines
The brand development process plays a critical part of the marketing and success of a company. I want to show you not only what successful brand design looks like but also how to brainstorm these concepts and ideas to finally turn that spark of an idea into a fully finished project ready for the client presentation, your portfolio and the world.
This class gently guides you through this process with a practical real world branding project using a case study for a sushi restaurant and delivery service. I created this course so you can start to offer branding packages to land bigger higher paying clients and propel yourself to the next level in your design career.
This course gives you the tools to know how to spark creativity, ideas, concepts and put them into motion. We go over several tools to help prevent creators block and to make it easy to come up with ideas that are relevant, authentic and meaningful.
Looking at blank pages never have to be scary again. You will feel confident filling those pages with finished polished content that will wow your potential clients.
We will work on building a finished case study presentation for you to start building a strong portfolio. We will work on creating both a client presentation and a brand guidelines manual to help people know how to use your brand design and identity system you developed.
This course has a nice balance of theory and practical software projects. This class is for those who have taken any of my software courses or have basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or Adobe alternatives design programs as we will not cover the beginner level software basics.
This course comes loaded with a 50 page brand design guide that details the entire class in an easy to read accessible pdf. This course comes with style presentation Adobe photoshop template, an Adobe Illustrator brand presentation template and an Adobe Photoshop Behance portfolio template and more.
Ready to start changing more, elevate your design offerings and change the direction of your career? Want to be a designer that understands both the business and design aspect of the branding process to craft strong brands. I will see you in the first lesson.